Friday, January 15, 2016

I am Over the Moon!

 Meet Walter Ronnie Cunningham.  America's 2nd Civilian astronaut.  He was the Lunar Module pilot for Apollo 7.  He as well as Shine on Harvest Moon have been juried into the "Fly Me to the Moon" Exhibit. This fiber art exhibit is a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Man's walk on the Moon.



Shine on Harvest Moon
is a song about lovers sitting under a willow tree.  The girl is frightened by the darkness so the boy sang to the harvest moon to shine on so she would stay.  I "carved" 
Sara and Foster into the tree.  Sara and Foster are our dogs, both have passed now, but they loved each other and us.  I thought it appropriate in my missing them to add them to a quilt that I had at the time, great hopes of it being juried into this exhibit.  I guess they are still watching over me, cause here we go... 

No comments: